Produced by the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Ezzati M, Lopez AD, Rodgers A et al. Selected major risk factors and global and regional burden of disease. Lancet 2002; 360:1347-60.
- Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Black HR et al. The seventh report of the joint national committee on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure: The JNC 7 report. JAMA 2003; 289(19):2560-72.
- 2003 European Society of Hypertension-European Society of Cardiology guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. J Hypertens 2003; 21:1011-53.
- Vasan RS, Larson MG, Leip EP et al. Assessment of frequency of progression to hypertension in non-hypertensive participants in the Framingham Heart Study: a cohort study. Lancet 2001; 358:1682-6.
- Burt VL, Whelton P, Roccella EJ et al. Prevalence of hypertension in the US adult population: results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1991. Hypertension 1995; 25:305-13.
- Wolf-Maier K, Cooper RS, Banegas JR et al. Hypertension prevalence and blood pressure levels in 6 European countries, Canada, and the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:2363-9.
- Primatesta P, Brookes M, Poulter NR. Improved hypertension management and control: Results from the Health Survey for England 1998. Hypertension 2001; 38:827-832.